Surprising Facts About Dogs You Didn’t Know
Dogs are known as man’s best friend for a reason. These loyal creatures have become one of the most beloved animals across the globe. Despite their popularity, there are still some amazing facts about dogs that many people are unaware of. Here are some of them:
- Dogs have a sense of time Do you think your dog knows what time it is? Well, they might! Research has shown that dogs have an internal clock and can differentiate between a short time interval and a long one. They can also sense when it’s time for their daily walks or meals.
- Dogs dream just like humans Ever notice your dog twitching or moving while sleeping? That’s because dogs dream just like we do. Studies have shown that dogs have REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep, the stage where most dreaming occurs. So, next time you see your furry friend snoozing, they might be chasing after squirrels in their dreams.
- Dogs have a strong sense of smell It’s no secret that dogs have a keen sense of smell, but did you know that it’s 10,000 times stronger than that of humans? That’s why dogs are used for search and rescue missions, detecting illegal substances, and even medical purposes.
- Dogs can see in the dark While dogs can’t see colors as vividly as humans do, they can see better in the dark. That’s because their eyes have a special membrane called tapetum lucidum, which reflects light back through the retina. This allows dogs to see better in low-light conditions.
- Dogs can understand human emotions Dogs have an uncanny ability to sense our emotions. They can tell when we’re happy, sad, or even angry. Studies have shown that dogs can understand human emotions by reading our facial expressions and body language. So, if you’re having a bad day, your furry friend might just come over and give you a comforting nuzzle.
- Dogs are incredibly intelligent Dogs are one of the most intelligent animals on the planet. They can learn over 200 words and commands, solve complex problems, and even perform basic arithmetic. They are also known for their exceptional memory and can remember events and people for years.
In conclusion, dogs are truly amazing creatures with incredible abilities. From their sense of time to their strong sense of smell and their ability to understand human emotions, dogs continue to surprise us with their intelligence and loyalty. So, the next time you see a dog, remember that there’s more to them than just being a cute and cuddly companion.
More in Witty
Think Twice Before Throwing Away: Foods That Are Safe to Consume Past Expiration Date
Cleaning your fridge and pantry usually ends up in throwing away foods that are past expiration dates. But before you go...March 13, 2023
Is Matthew McConaughey Planning to Run for Office? Here’s What the Actor Has to Say
In his hometown of Texas, Matthew McConaughey is pretty hands-on when it comes to community and social activities; he is the...March 9, 2023
John Legend Admits He Stopped Doing This Unimaginable Thing When Chrissy Teigen Arrived in His Life
Chrissy Teigen and John Legend’s relationship is an open book and many people are loving how raw and real the pair...February 22, 2023
This is How Often You Should Wash Your Hair, According to Experts
Props to you if you always muster the guts to take a bath every day before you head out, that only...February 6, 2023
Writing for Impact: Timeless Tips for Winning People Over with Your Words
Don’t you hate receiving e-mails that are long and filled with unnecessary words? Because you’re a busy bee, you can’t help but lose...January 1, 2023
From Black Cats to Four-Leaf Clover: Bizarre Superstitions That Will Leave You Dumbfounded
Since the dawn of technological advancements, superstitions have been buried – however, you would be surprised to know that there are...December 22, 2022
Mark Cuban’s Receptionist Stole Everything from Him, But Here’s How He Became Successful Again
If you are disheartened over the bumps on the road you are traversing, don’t lose hope because even the rich have...November 4, 2022
Here’s Why We Think Harry Was Joking When He Pitched Meghan’s Acting Skills to Disney CEO
After Meghan Markle and Prince Harry announced that they were stepping back from their senior royal roles, theories abound of what the former Suits actress...October 7, 2022
Romance Lost But Friendship Remained: Former Celebrity Couples Who Are Still Close Friends
Breaking up is always hard to do, especially if you both are celebrities. However, losing the spark doesn’t always mean losing...September 18, 2022